Culmullin 220 kV Substation
As instructed by An Bord Pleanála during the pre-application consultation process, this stand alone website has been set up to provide access to all planning documentation associated with the proposed Culmullin substation development.
The development will comprise the following:
The construction of a new 220 kilovolt (kV) substation compound and underground cable loop in connection to the existing Gorman-Maynooth 220 kV line.
- A new 220 kV substation compound (approximately 22,639.8 square metres) including:
- Outdoor Air Insulated Switchgear (AIS) equipment rated for the system voltage of 220 kV equipped with 4 number 220 kV bays;
- 14 no. lightning protection masts (height 25 metres);
- 2 number oil-filled step-down power transformers positioned within bunded enclosures;
- 2 number single storey buildings including a control building with ancillary services, and a customer Medium Voltage (MV) building;
- a 2.6 metre tall palisade fence;
- Removal of existing overhead line mast to facilitate the construction of 2 number Line-Cable Interface Masts (LCIMs) (21 metres in height) in line with the existing 220KV overhead line and installation of 220 kV underground cables between the masts and substation.
- Telecommunication mast within a 225 square metre enclosure with a maximum height of 36 metres with a 2.6 metre tall palisade fence.
In addition to the above the Proposed Development will include the following:
- New site access off the L62051 and internal site access road;
- Car parking;
- Passing Bays on the L62051;
- Drainage infrastructure; and
- All associated and ancillary site development works.
The development has been deemed Strategic Infrastructure Development by An Bord Pleanála.
If you have any questions about Culmullin substation, please contact the team:
Maria Eviston, Community Liaison Officer
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone 087 364 4274